about 1 month ago
This family run business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
This is a great opportunity to utilise and further develop your skills within the Health and Safety profession with an opportunity to work with a well-established Health and Safety department in a multi-sited family run business.
This opportunity requires the individual to be willing to travel between sites in Suffolk and Somerset.
The successful Health & Safety Manager will report directly within the Health and Safety team and to the Operations Director who has a very hand on approach towards Safety.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Managing a team of people dedicated to Health, Safety and the environment
- Keep the company up to date with all legislative requirements, updating relevant policies where necessary and maintaining company compliance.
- Carry out and implement workplace, fire, first aid, manual handling COSHH and DSE risk assessments and produce safe systems of work.
- Carry out HSE Induction Training for New Team Members and monitor existing staff
- Develop and deliver Health, Safety and Environmental training courses
- Carry out RIDDOR reporting
- Carry out accident and near miss investigations and analysis and implement measures of continual improvement.
- Conduct effective Toolbox talks
- Contribute to external Health and Safety Audits and manage and conduct internal health and safety audits, managing and implement changes where necessary
- Assist with the implication of H&S Training plans
- Be instrumental in the implementation and running of BS EN ISO 45001 and any other relevant management system.
The successful Health & Safety Manager will hold / have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a Minimum
- Be a member of IOSH, desirable
- Experience within this or similar manufacturing, construction or heavy plant industry and the dangers associated with this
- Experience with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or 45001
- Experience in CHAS, ACHILLES or other relevant standards
- Company car
- Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years' service
- 10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years' service
Crem Recruitment are acting as an employment agency.