over 1 year ago
My client a well established manufacturer and leader in their field, based in Snailwell are have exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join their busy team (due to maternity leave) on a 13 month temp contract.
You'll be ensuring the purchasing of product is effective and timely and is accurately recorded and checked, to ensure quantity and value and received in time to meet production requirements.
- Reviewing requisition orders and specifications
- Building relationships with suppliers to ensure best price and service
- Preparing purchase orders and tracking to ensure smooth running and efficiency
- Calculate costs of orders and charge or cost to appropriate accounts
- Monitoring stock levels and complete stock transfer/adjustment forms
- Liaising with sales, despatch, production and international departments
- Contact suppliers to schedule and expedite deliveries and resolve shortages
- Compare suppliers invoices with purchase orders, question when differences found
- Locate new suppliers for new items when required
- Maintaining supplier prices on SAP and updating records
- Assisting with general enquiries via phone and email
You will be keen to learn about the companies products and keep up to date with changes.
Your skill set:
- Previous purchasing or procurement experience is desired
- SAP experience preferred but not essential
- Use of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Able to prioritise workload and multi task
- Be flexible in your approach and able to work as a team
- Your own transport due to location
To succeed in this position you must be flexible, friendly and down to earth. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with half hour break. This is a 13 month contract offering £21,000 per annum.
So to join this friendly and successful team apply today!
Crem are working as an Employment Business on this occasion.