over 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller has arisen for a reputable company in the heart of Newmarket, Suffolk. The purpose of this position is to monitor, and report back the accuracy of all warehousing transactions within the busy and energetic environment. This position plays a pivotal part for the company to work effectively and efficiently; creating a smooth process for all warehouse productivity. There are lots of opportunities to recommend and share ideas to help implement improvements to existing processes. This is to ensure that as a company you deliver better transactional accuracy and improve warehousing efficiency working effectively as part of a team to get the job done and complete customer satisfaction!
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm.
- Friday 8am – 4pm.
- £20,000 - £22,0002 (Depending on experience)
This vacancy will initially start as a temporary ongoing basis and has the view of possibly considering 6-month fixed term contract subject to the candidates’ performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- To check orders have been picked, scanned and shipped correctly in order to minimise failures to customers and identify issues with process.
- To check accuracy of all transactions within the Warehouse.
- To investigate any stock shortages or gains identified.
- Ensure a discrepancy log is recorded of all errors and fed back to management team for review.
- Challenge noncompliance to process.
- Recommend and help implement improvement measures to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Ensure effective communication between departments, peers and senior management.
- Assist with weekly cycle counts and annual stock count.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required.
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- IT skilled. A good working knowledge ERP system such as Sage X3, or similar, and Excel.
- Has the ability to prioritise work, within competing deadlines and use initiative in a variety of situations.
- Is accurate and pays attention to detail.
This position is looking to start immediately. If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie in the Newmarket office. Interviews will be taking place within the next week.
Crem Recruitment are acting as an employment business.