5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer/Project Manager at my client, a long established manufacturing company based in Soham.
You will be responsible for producing technical drawings, quotations and introducing new products to the company.
- Preparing quotations for incoming enquiries and in conjunction with the Directors.
- Arranging and facilitating Advanced Quality Planning meetings.
- Introduce and progress new products through the development programme to timescales.
- Set up, monitor and troubleshoot the effectiveness of the sample introduction system, preparing monthly reports to present to the management team.
- Prepare and modify, mould drawings, insert drawings, gauge drawings and ancillary tooling.
- Obtain quotations and place orders for mould, press and ancillary tooling.
- Inspect new tooling.
- Control drawing issue change and procedure for both own and customers drawings.
- Promote new business, provide technical support, visit and resolve existing customer problems where needed.
- Set up, follow up and monitor all quotations and their conversion rate to sales.
- Purchase, modification and repair of tools, jigs and other fittings
- Provide weekly reports to the Commercial Director outlining status of all jobs.
Your skill set:
- HNC/HND or equivalent level of experience working in a similar Engineering role.
- Able to demonstrate experience of strong management skills
- Capable of taking projects from concept through to production
- Skilled in reading and preparing engineering drawings, proficient in 3D CAD
- Skilled in MS Office
- Skilled in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Enthusiasm and ability to communicate on all levels
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes, machining, press work and moulding
- Knowledge of design of components, tool design and manufacture
- Ability to produce or assist in production of Technical Product Specifications
Benefits include excellent salary, pension, bonus scheme (performance related), death in service scheme, 20 days holiday (+ 1 day a year up to 25 days) and bank holidays.
Hours are flexible though full time, Monday to Friday.
To be sure not to miss this rare and exciting opportunity, apply immediately!
Crem Recruitment are working as an Employment Agency on this occasion.