18840 - 29713
LV - Crem - FO - Perm
about 1 month ago
General operative / Inhouse plant operator
Working in a renewable energy for the home market, in particular the production of Biomass energy.
Assisting the Supervisor in the safe and efficient delivery of the fuel into the plant, complete day to day operations to achieve maximum output, whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
Work is on a shift system covering 05:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday, as well as weekend cover on a rotational basis.
- Ensure that safe working practises and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work.
- Complete routine and non-routine operational maintenance activities as directed and in line with the approved processes and procedures.
- Complete checks / sampling routines, including from each arriving load.
- Control movement of vehicles around the site.
- Ensure the procedure of safely unloading operations of delivering lorries.
- Monitor the material distribution around production.
- Complete daily equipment checks.
- Investigate plant problems alongside your team leader, identify solutions and undertake routine and non-routine maintenance.
- Prepare and present reports, maintaining appropriate records within recognised systems.
- Complete accurate and concise shift handover, ensuring all relevant parties are updated on plant operating conditions.
- Operate process plant and equipment including a semi/automatic overhead crane system and Forklift / Telehandler in accordance with operational procedures (in house training available).
- Adhere to the SHE Management System at all times.
This vacancy is being advertised by Crem who are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.