Our client in Bury St Edmunds, is a fast growing company that has a fleet footed approach to business. We require a hardworking and dedicated individual to join our warehouse team and lead two other members of staff.
Attention to detail and accuracy is of paramount importance as our goods in operative, you will also need a good level of fitness.
You should possess a good standard of Maths and English, basic I.T. skills would be useful, counterbalance and reach truck licenses would be a benefit but not essential as full training can be provided.
Monday – Friday
09:30 – 17:30
30 minute lunch break
£19,000 - £23000 with 20 days holiday per year and enrolment into our company pension scheme.
You will report to the warehouse manager.
As our business evolves you will be expected to support the requirements of the business, you will be required to perform additional warehouse duties from time to time.
- Supervise and lead other members of staff
- Manage the throughput of stock from receipt to location and rotation
- Supervise and conduct stock checks
- Return goods to suppliers
- Unloading delivery vehicles
- Checking accuracy of deliveries for damaged or missing items
- Full use of Exchequer our stock management system (training provided)
- Moving stock by hand, using lifting gear and a forklift truck
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Liaising with delivery drivers and sales/purchasing staff
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Adhere at all times to safe working practices in line with our H&S policy
- Build relationships with other warehouse departments – working closely with goods out.
- Oversee courier/carrier goods to respective drivers
There will be associated warehouse duties such as but not limited to:
- Picking and packing orders ready for dispatch
- Work with colleagues to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
Performance and salary will be reviewed annually.