151 - WW - DJ
about 1 month ago
Crem Recruitment is recruiting an IT Service Assistant to join them on a Fixed-Term Contract basis. Our client is a well-established name within the Industrial industry and offers excellent training and potential career progression. This role is based in West Wickham (CB21)
Duties will include:
· To monitor the IT Service Management toolset and respond to any escalations from the service desk, including allocation of tasks to others in the department and communicating urgency and impact.
· Proactive maintenance of warehouse computer hardware to ensure optimum performance.
· Identification of incident trends, investigate causes and solutions and design resolutions using skills, experience and, when required, external help such as IT service team, Head of IT, 3rd party support organisation or 3rd party consultants.
· To perform daily checks and mandatory tasks such as checking daily reports from suppliers, backup routines and key system performance metrics.
· Hardware & software imaging, configuration, deployment, migrations and maintenance & support.
Purpose of the role:
· To provide business continuity by performing timely on-site resolutions to a wide range of hardware and desktop issues that cannot always be affected remotely. Specifically, to the Warehouse near Cambridge.
· To provide support for the warehouse team’s extended hours via shift or on-call working.
· To provide IT support to Cambridge users on desktops, warehouse services and mobile computing to ensure eCommerce shipment interruptions are minimised where possible.
· To drive the creation, continual improvement and governance of knowledge between the business and service desk.
· Delivering timely on-site support, maintaining excellent customer service standards and identifying & filling training needs.
Skills and Experience required:
· IT Apprenticeship, HND or able to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience in a hands-on manufacturing or wholesale IT support environment.
· Expert knowledge of MS Windows 10 or above Desktop environment and MS office applications.
· Support software and methods (MSTSC, GoToAssist etc).
· Able to research technical issues using public sources and derive resolutions.
· Experience with a wide range of mobile, desktop, tablet, epos, printers and scanners solutions.
Working Hours and Pay:
Monday-Wednesday 1pm – 9pm, Saturday 7am – 3pm, Sunday 4pm – 9pm
£25,000 - £30,000 Base Salary + £2.75 Per Hour for hours worked after 4pm
Call out bonus of £24 Per Hour
· Unsociable hours bonus
· Call out Bonus
· Free onsite parking
· Fixed term contract with potential for growth within the business once complete
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a busy business with an ever-growing workload.
If this IT Service Assistant role sounds of interest to you, then please do not hesitate to contact us or click apply.
Crem Recruitment Ltd. acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers, and as an employment agency in recruitment for permanent roles.