10 months ago
Our client based in Fulbourn, are looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator, to join their busy team. The most important part of the work is to be part of a team of people working together to ensure the smooth movement of products through the site and to the customer.
Monday - Thursday 8 until 5pm
Friday 8am until 1pm
£28,000 - £30,000
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the logistics function.
- Responsibility for all aspects of customs, duty, import and export for all UK and German operations (including retention of necessary documents)
- First point of contact for advice on shipments for other subsidiaries
- Responsibility for the intercompany orders
- Ensure that all import, export and despatch processes are documented and reviewed annually.
- To keep the computer systems up to date at all times
- Rectify any problems with processes as they arise
- Use personnel protective equipment as requested by the company
- Monitor holiday within the despatch to ensure absence is covered.
- Cross train with stores staff to ensure full cover across function.
- Ensure that the despatch area is maintained in a clean, tidy and ordered fashion – adopt 5S methodology and install in the team.
- Ensure the working environment is Safe and report any Health and Safety concerns to your line manager or the QA manager.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively within the supply chain and other functions within the business.
- Be Flexible and willing to involve yourself in other tasks as seen to be appropriate by the company.
- Manage the despatch department and develop staff talent and put actions in place to address any gaps.
- Ensure all packaging requirements are covered in a timely manner and any packaging legislation is adhered to and information on packaging use is available upon request
- Stay abreast of all legislation affecting imports and exports, ensuring full compliance with requirements.
- To provide holiday cover for the supply chain team as required.
Please contact Abbie at Crem Recruitment as soon as possible!