£28000 - £32500
Jobs in Newmarket - Crem - EH - MEF
3 months ago
Our Client, A manufacturer of special purpose machinery is seeking a Mechanical / Electro Fitter for their business in Newmarket. The successful candidate will be working within a highly skilled team who specialise in the assembly and test of automatic assembly machines.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assembly of a range of machines and associated tooling
- The setting up and testing of machines to customer specification
- Leading machine trials at customer sign-off stage
- Planning of workload
- Organisation of the workshop
This role will suit a candidate with a strong Mechanical bias in skill set, Previous experience in precision mechanical assembly within a machine building/ assembly / production environment is essential for this role. Knowledge of Pneumatics and Electronics would be a distinct advantage.
Other desirable skills and attributes include:
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical and pneumatic schematic drawings
- Experience of basic metal machining skills
- Experienced in working to deadlines in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- A reliable self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Willing to travel to customer locations to carry out machine installation and commissioning would be advantageous.
This is a full time role working 38 hours per week Monday to Friday. Early finish available on Fridays dependant on workload and overtime occasionally available.
This vacancy is being advertised by Crem who are acting as an employment agency.