over 1 year ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join a small manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Newmarket. This person will join the purchasing team with the potential of being promoted to Purchasing Manager after acquiring sufficient knowledge of the company’s operations and supply chain.
Experience and knowledge in procurement systems and purchasing as a whole is essential and salary would be reflected by both your proficiency and passion to become part of our team and develop your position within the company.
- Day to day control of Purchasing activities
- Bulk ordering of production parts / materials and special parts.
- Negotiations with supplier base.
- Allocation of bulk material stock numbers
- Material reports.
- Advising management of any potential material shortages.
- Monitoring of material stock levels in conjunction with Stores manager.
- Assisting with stores function during holiday periods.
- Any other duties as directly by management.
- Previous purchasing experience preferably from a manufacturing background.
- Knowledge of computerised material control systems.
Broad Engineering knowledge with a understanding of basic materials and components.
9.00am-12.30 & 1.30 -5.30pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am -12.30 & 1.30 – 4.30pm Friday
36.5 Hours per week
21K-28.5K dependent upon experience
(£11-£15 per hour)
20 Days + 8 statutory
We are looking for someone who is either immediately available or able to start after a notice period. If you think this opportunity is right for you or wish to know more about the vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie in the Newmarket Branch. We will be inviting successful applicants into the office for a interview in the next week or two. We look forward to hearing from you!
Crem Recruitment are acting as an employment agency