over 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a Quality Controller has arisen for a reputable company in the heart of Newmarket, Suffolk. The purpose of this position is to check the quality of the product, and report back to management by using in house warehouse systems and communication. This candidate must be certain that the quality of the materials is correct to ensure that it is being picked to a high standard. This position is crucial for the company’s reputation to make sure it has been handled correctly to minimise failures for the customer; therefore, creating a smooth process for all warehouse productivity and customer satisfaction. This is to ensure that as a company you deliver better transactional accuracy and improve the processes currently in place.
This is initially a temporary contract, but with the view of possibly considering 6 month fixed term contract subject to candidate performance.
£18,000 (dependant on experience)
Duties and responsibilities
- To check orders have been picked, scanned and shipped correctly in order to minimise failures to customers and identify issues with process.
- To check accuracy of all transactions within the Warehouse and Paddocks.
- To investigate any stock shortages or gains identified.
- Ensure a discrepancy log is recorded of all errors and fed back to management team for review.
- Challenge noncompliance to process.
- Recommend and help implement improvement measures to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Ensure effective communication between departments, peers and senior management.
- Assist with weekly cycle counts and annual stock count.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required.
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- IT skilled. A good working knowledge ERP system such as Sage X3, or similar, and Excel.
- Has the ability to prioritise work, within competing deadlines and use initiative in a variety of situations.
- Is accurate and pays attention to detail.
This position is looking to start immediately. If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie in the Newmarket office. Interviews will be taking place within the next week.
Crem Recruitment are acting as an employment business.